Last Updated: May 18, 2018
About the information we collect
When our website visitors perform certain tasks, such as creating an account, placing an order, applying for our new player gift, or submitting a collection or Event Tickets sales inquiry, we record certain information that is considered to be "personal data". Specifically, we record the user's email address, IP address, Magic Online username, and – when applicable – billing address information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions (your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- To avoid fraud. We can often trace fraud back to activity from certain IP addresses or Magic Online usernames, so keeping a record of such activity is crucial to our business operations.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
You can elect to disable cookies in your browser when using our website, but that would render our website unusable for most purposes due to our reliance on session cookies.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We share the data we collect with third parties to facilitate our services and customer support. For example, we utilize a third party email sending service (e.g. MailChimp) to communicate with our customers about orders, inquiries, and other essential communications. We use a live chat service to enable real-time messaging on our website between customers and our customer support agents. In all cases, we do our best to ensure any such services are reputable, and that we only share whatever data is necessary to utilize those services properly.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Right To Be Forgotten / Deleting Your Account
You may contact our customer support team to deactivate your account. Deactivating a user account means it cannot be accessed or used to place orders, but deactivation does not delete/purge that user's data.
The personal data we collect is essential to the anti-fraud measures we need for our business to operate. It is also important for our business to have a complete history of orders for accounting, inventory management, and customer service purposes. For these reasons, it is not feasible to delete email addresses, Magic Online usernames and IP addresses from our database.
Payment Information For Collections and Tickets
In order to facilitate payment for purchases we make from you of Collections or Event Tickets, we use a third party platform to collect information necessary to relay payment to you. This payment information is kept on hand on the third party platform for approximately 2 months in case any issues arise with your payment(s). Once per month, we manually purge all payment information that is older than 2 months at the time of purging.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their account and going to the 'Account Settings' page.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not intend to collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.